Fedco Seeds Fundraiser 2019
Changes for 2019:
Small price increase and new selections on each list.
A FUNDRAISER WITH A WHOLESOME GREEN MESSAGE!Available to schools and classrooms, PTA groups, 4-H Clubs, Scouts and other non-profit groups.
Our fundraiser program requires an application to us. If your sale needs prior permission from your institution, please get cleared to participate by your administrator before you apply to us. Use the application form below and return it to us. After we receive it we will generate your custom order form as a pdf you can download from our website.
- We provide order forms with 25 popular easy-to-grow varieties with variety descriptions, simple cultural instructions and drawings. See pdfs of the sample page and organic sample page.
- Although we have a suggested retail price, you may set the price you charge. Regardless of your retail price, the cost to you is the same and is determined by how many packets you sell. For the most part, groups that use our suggested retail price have had better sales than groups that chose their own prices.
- You have a choice of two order forms, the regular selection and the all-organic selection. You may choose either or both. The regular selection is less expensive and usually outsells the organic selection. Groups choosing one or the other usually but not always do better than groups offering both. You may not mix and match from the two lists, nor may you make your own custom selections or add-ons. The varieties on each form are the same for all participants.
- We ask that you make a commitment to sell at least 100 packets.
The combined total number of packets you sell from both forms determines how we split the proceeds:
|price to us
|price to us
39 or fewer
- Even if you’ve participated before, you must apply using the form below to take part in 2019.
- We customize your order form with: the name of your sale, the date the order form is due to your group, whom your customers make their checks payable to, and what price you are charging.
- We provide you with the address to access your order form as a pdf. Please print both sides of the order form.
- Young people take order forms, circulate them and take orders.
- You total the number of packets ordered, and send us one check for our share of the proceeds along with all your individual orders and total number of packets sold.
- We pull the orders in our warehouse, bag them individually and then group them by classroom, and ship them 1-2 weeks after we receive them, to one address.
- You distribute the orders.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2019, is the last day to notify us of your intent to participate and provide your information.
- Order Deadline: All orders due to us by April 30, 2019. Deadlines are firm!
(These are not deadlines. Deadlines are above.)
- Dec. and Jan. pre-planning.
- Jan. 30 Submit application.
- Feb. 13 Launch your sale.
- Feb. 15 Circulate order forms.
- March 15 Orders due in to you.
- March 22 Orders sent to reach us by this date.
- March 29 We ship your order.
- Do start planning early. Groups who start early consistently outperform those who don’t.
- Do use our suggested retail price unless you are confident you can raise more money using a higher price. Groups that use our prices often outperform groups that set their own price. Be aware that sales resistance sets in at higher prices.
- Mostly, groups choosing only one of the two forms have outperformed those who sold from both. Use your own judgment, but consider using only one form.
- Do use the order forms you download from us, not your own forms. Please print both sides of the order form.
- Do allow several weeks for your student sellers. Those allowing 2-4 weeks for sales outperform those who try to do it all in one week.
- Do sort all your individual orders first into piles of regular and organic sale and then by classroom before you send them.
- Do send us all your individual orders.
- Do send us the total number of packets ordered and one check.
- Do send your entire order at once. Please don’t mix and match. Please no add-ons.
- Do contact us after distribution if we made any errors or if you were short packets for any reason.
- Don’t spend hours trying to reconcile money and packets ordered to the exact penny. Close is good enough.
- Don’t figure out total orders for each variety. All we need is one grand total of packets sold for the entire order.
- Even if you participated last year, don’t use last year’s order form. Get new forms from us each year.
- Please get permission from your institution to participate BEFORE you apply to us.
- No third party beneficiaries, please. We ask that your group or organization be the beneficiary.
- We ask that you make a commitment to sell at least 100 packets total.
- Only one contact person per group; use email rather than the phone.
Name of contact person_____________________________________________
Your mailing address_______________________________________________
Has your group taken part in this program in previous years?__________
Address where the seeds will be shipped: provide full street address, not a PO box.
Person receiving delivery__________________________________________
Name of school__________________________________________
Preferred form: regular_______all-organic_______both_______
What would you like to call your sale?_________________________________
When are orders due back in to your school or group? _______________
Price you are charging per packet: regular__________all-organic___________
Checks to your group should be made payable to whom?____________________________
Download a pdf of these instructions.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
Sara Carter & Alicia Letteney
Fedco Seeds, Inc.
PO Box 520
Bulk Seed FundraiserAnother fundraiser option: Order seed in bulk quantities and empty packets for students to design packaging, repack seed, and sell. Earn a 5% discount in addition to any other discounts earned. No application required.
More planning and work, more money-making potential, more inherent educational opportunities!
- You may order online or by mail
- Purchase seeds of your chosen varieties in bulk (sizes C and up)
- Students repack the seeds to sell at their own seed store
- More work, but a lot more fun than the other choices
- Students design own packets, develop own marketing strategy and learn practical math using scales and scoops.
- Offers the most money-making potential
- Involves some financial risk.
- Requires advance planning
- You will need scoops and scales. Fedco does not carry these.
- Can purchase blank self-seal seed packets or use packaging from your office supplies vendor.
- No order deadline but we recommend ordering before March 15 for best selection. Use the order form in the center of the catalog, or order online.
- All applicable volume discounts apply to seeds plus an additional 5% school discount
- SUGGESTIONS: Limit varieties to 12-18 the first year, then gradually expand. Try garden themes such as heirlooms, 3 sisters, all organic, pollinator attractors.