Fedco's Response to COVID-19
Updated Monday, May 17, 2021
Fedco is continuing to monitor the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking this threat seriously. As cases increase in Maine, Fedco continues to operate cautiously. Our buildings remain closed to the public. However, curbside pickup (of OGS and Seeds orders) is still an option for folks who preorder. See below for more details. We will keep this page updated as the situation evolves.
Please note: We are experiencing high call volume. Please, only contact us if you absolutely must! If you have questions, please email them to us rather than calling. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our buildings are currently closed to the public. If you are coming for curbside pickup at the Seeds warehouse or curbside pickup or curbside shopping at the OGS warehouse, please be prepared to wait outside while your order is fulfilled for your safety and for ours. As usual, we do not accept orders over the phone.
- Organic Growers' Supply remains open for mail-order and online shopping. You can choose to ship or schedule a date and time to pick up your order. Curbside shopping is available, as well. If curbside shopping, please come prepared with a list of items you wish to purchase. We encourage placing a scheduled pickup order if at all possible: your wait time will be shorter and you won't experience unexpected inventory problems.
- Fedco Seeds remains open for mail-order purchases, online shopping, and curbside pickup. We are not offering curbside shopping from our Seeds division.
- Ordering will resume for Potatoes, Onions and Exotics when we release our 2022 catalog, in late November 2021.
- Fedco Trees remains open for mail-order purchases and online shopping. All orders that have been placed this season will be shipped on our regular schedule (no pickup orders). There will be no Spring Tree Sale in 2022.
- Ordering will resume for Fedco Bulbs when we release our 2022 catalog, in mid-June 2022.
Customers who live locally may choose "Pickup" as an option when placing orders online within some of Fedco's divisions (OGS, Seeds). When you come to pick up your order, please:
- Wear a mask if you are able to.
- Call the phone number posted on the door of the warehouse where your order is, or ring the doorbell if your order is at the OGS warehouse, to let us know you are here. Then, please wait six feet from the door.
- Have your order number ready to give to the person who answers.
- Be patient while we get it for you and bring it out. Our staff will either leave it for you outside the door, or happily load it for you while you wait in your car.
Staff Health and Safety
We are committed to offering safe and healthy work experiences for everyone in the Fedco community. In line with the guidance of the US and Maine CDC, we will adjust our practices as this situation unfolds to make sure we are meeting those goals, including:
- Encouraging office workers to work from home if they are able to do so.
- Postponing, reducing, and/or eliminating non-essential tasks.
- Rearranging workspaces to facilitate social distancing.
- Increasing regular cleaning and sanitation regimens, encouraging respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene.
- Extending extra paid leave to workers and encouraging them to stay home if they or their household members are not well.
What You Can Do To HelpThe most important thing that you can do to help us at this time is to trust that we are busting our buckwheat to get your orders to you as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please be patient and think cooperatively.
- Please avoid contacting us except for matters of the utmost importance.
- Please do not contact us just to see when your order will ship. We will keep this page updated with our current shipping schedules and timeframes.
- If you have to contact us, please email us at email@example.com instead of calling.
- Check to see if your neighbors are doing OK or need any help.
- Post pictures of your gardens and flower beds to social media!