Fedco's Response to COVID-19
Updated Wednesday, March 25, 2020 | 9:30 a.m.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads, Fedco is monitoring the situation and taking this threat seriously. There are now over 100 cases of the virus reported in Maine and the CDC recommends strictly limiting gatherings. With this in mind and after additional considerations, we have decided to close all Fedco buildings to the public through at least April 20, 2020 and also to cancel our annual Tree Sale, originally scheduled for May 1 & 2 and May 8 & 9, 2020. We love the Tree Sale as much as you do and we count on it every year. We have not made these decisions lightly, but unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. We will keep this page updated as the situation evolves.
Please note: We are experiencing high call volume. Please, only contact us if you absolutely must! If you have questions, please email them to us rather than calling. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVE YOU PLACED A PICK UP ORDER WITH FEDCO?
- Fedco Seeds, all outstanding pickup orders will be shipped.
- Organic Growers Supply, contact email@example.com to arrange a specific pickup time.
- Fedco Trees: we will be contacting you shortly to make other arrangements! Please help us make this process smooth and efficient for everyone by waiting for us to contact you about your order rather than reaching out to us.
- Potatoes, Onions & Exotics: we will be contacting you shortly to make other arrangements! Please help us make this process smooth and efficient for everyone by waiting for us to contact you about your order rather than reaching out to us.
Shipping SchedulesOur amazing staff is working hard to get your plants, seeds and supplies to you on schedule and safely! These are unprecendented times, however, and the rapidly developing public health crisis may cause some shipping delays. At this time, we are not able to make arrangements for early shipping on any order.
- Fedco Seeds estimates that customers are currently receiving their orders within 2-4 weeks of ordering. You can support us in our efforts to get orders out swiftly by choosing to allow substitutions during checkout.
- Fedco Trees is still on track to follow our normal schedule: we ship orders from late March to mid-April, according to planting zone. Our last regular shipping date is normally around April 15, but may have to be pushed into late April.
- Organic Growers Supply estimates that customers are currently receiving their orders within 2-4 weeks of ordering.
- Potatoes, Onions & Exotics is still on track to follow our normal schedule: we start shipping orders in early April.
Staff Health and Safety
We are committed to offering safe and healthy work experiences for everyone in the Fedco community. In line with the guidance of the US and Maine CDC, we will adjust our practices as this situation unfolds to make sure we are meeting those goals, including:
- Office workers who can work from home are being encouraged to do so.
- Postponing, reducing, and/or eliminating non-essential tasks.
- Rearranging workspaces to facilitate social distancing.
- Increasing regular cleaning and sanitation regimens, encouraging respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene.
- Extending extra paid leave to workers and encouraging them to stay home if they or their household members are not well.
What You Can Do To HelpThe most important thing that you can do to help us at this time is to trust that we are busting our buckwheat to get your stuff to you as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please be patient and think cooperatively.
- Please avoid contacting us except for matters of the utmost imporance.
- Please do not contact us just to see when your order will ship. We will keep this page updated with our current shipping schedules and timeframes.
- If you have to contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of calling.
- Check to see if your neighbors are doing OK or need any help.
- Post pictures of your seedlings or crocuses to social media … Spring is happening!