Fedco's Response to COVID-19
Fedco is continuing to monitor the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking this threat seriously. As case numbers remain high in Maine, Fedco continues to operate cautiously. Organic Growers Supply welcomes masked walk-in shopping, though our other buildings remain closed to the public. Curbside pickup (of OGS and Seeds orders) is still an option for folks who preorder. We will keep this page updated as the situation evolves.
The OGS warehouse is open for masked walk-in shopping; all of our other buildings are currently closed to the public. As usual, we do not accept orders over the phone.
- Organic Growers Supply remains open for mail-order and online shopping. You can choose to ship or schedule a date and time to pick up your order. Walk-in or curbside shopping is available, as well.
- Fedco Seeds remains open for mail-order purchases, online shopping, and curbside pickup (at the OGS warehouse). We are not offering curbside shopping from our Seeds division.
- Ordering will resume for Potatoes, Onions and Exotics when we release our 2023 catalog, in late November 2022.
- Ordering will resume for Fedco Trees when we release our 2023 catalog, in early October 2022.
- Ordering will resume for Fedco Bulbs when we release our 2022 catalog, in mid-June 2022.
Customers who live locally may choose "Pickup" as an option when placing orders online within some of Fedco's divisions (OGS, Seeds). When you come to pick up your order, please:
- Wear a mask if you are able to.
- Ring the doorbell of the OGS warehouse to let us know you are here. Then, please wait six feet from the door.
- Have your order number ready to give to the person who answers.
- Be patient while we get it for you and bring it out. Our staff will either leave it for you outside the door, or happily load it for you while you wait in your car.
Staff Health and Safety
We are committed to offering safe and healthy work experiences for everyone in the Fedco community. In line with the guidance of the US and Maine CDC, we will adjust our practices as this situation unfolds to make sure we are meeting those goals, including:
- Encouraging office workers to work from home if they are able to do so.
- Postponing, reducing, and/or eliminating non-essential tasks.
- Rearranging workspaces to facilitate social distancing.
- Increasing regular cleaning and sanitation regimens, encouraging respiratory etiquette and proper hand hygiene.
- Extending extra paid leave to workers and encouraging them to stay home if they or their household members are not well.
What You Can Do To HelpThe most important thing that you can do to help us at this time is to trust that we are busting our buckwheat to get your orders to you as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please be patient and think cooperatively.
- Please feel free to contact us if there is a problem with your order, or if your order is unsatisfactory.
- If possible, please contact us by email at email@example.com in leiu of calling.
- Check to see if your neighbors are doing OK or need any help.
- Post pictures of your gardens and flower beds to social media using the hashtag #fedcoseeds! You can find and follow us on Instagram or Facebook .
Updated Friday, May 13, 2022